The first step to increasing sperm count is to look at what some of the causes of reduced counts are. Many times the underlying cause can eliminate any need for other measures to be taken.
Some of the most common causes for low sperm count are:
* Ensure with your physician that you do not have a sperm infection
* Tight underwear reduce counts – switch to boxers.
* Long baths in steaming hot water reduce counts.
* Sitting for too long of periods at a time reduce counts.
* Overweight can cause fat layers to form on the testicles reducing the count.
* Too frequent of ejaculations. Try having a three day separation between ejaculations.
* Smoking and drinking excessive alcohol will decrease sperm counts
* Stress will decrease counts
* A zinc deficiency reduces counts
* Infections of the prostate gland reduces counts
* Anabolic steroid use drastically reduces counts.
The solution to treat any of the above causes is pretty clear and simple. However, there are some additional tips that will work with the body to help increase the count numbers as well. Again, the first tip will always be to consult your health care provider for any other underlying causes that may be affecting your sperm count.
Tips to improving and increasing the sperm count:
* Have sex and masturbation less often (try to wait three days in between for either)
* Get into a regular exercise program
* Nutritious diets that is low in fat and high in protein, vegetables, and whole grains. Avoiding bitter, astringent and spicy foods.
* Reduce caffeine intake – remember caffeine is not only in coffee but also in soft drinks. It has been proven caffeine harms sperm production.
* Alcohol is the enemy of sperm. It has been proven that it not only reduces count but as well as adversely affecting the sperm itself
* Reduce stress by learning relation techniques like yoga and meditation
* Massages using herbal oils will improve the blood circulation
* Have sex early in the morning when sperm levels are at their highest
* Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.