Sperm count – An introduction
Sperm count is the measurement of the concentration of sperms in a man’s seminal liquid. This is different from total sperm production which is the sperm count multiplied with volume. A less than normal sperm count is considered a problem. It affects a man’s fertility and his ability to impregnate a woman. Low volume can affect a man’s self-esteem and reduce the pleasure derived from sexual activity.
A lot of factors are taken into account to measure the sperm count of a man such as the length of time between ejaculations, semen sample analysis, how the sample is kept when being transported to the lab. To test the count of sperms, a single sample is considered inadequate, as lot of variation is noticed in sperm production in an individual, even over a few days.
Doctors usually analyse 2-3 samples or even more, each at least two to three weeks apart to test the sperm count in a man’s seminal liquid. Anything over 20 million sperm per millilitre is considered normal and anything less is considered oligospermia (low count of sperms) and is a cause of concern.
Causes of low sperm count
Low sperm count can be caused due to number of biologic and environmental factors. Conditions that may cause low count of sperms include:
- Stress – Especially in the case of younger men, stress due to work or personal issues can influence the balance of hormones and decrease sperm production
- Anxiety over sexual performance – Men suffering from erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation problems are likely to have low count of sperms due to an anxiety over sexual performance
- Heat factor – Due to overheating of genitals, a man may experience a lower count of sperms. Overweight men may especially have this problem as the sagging layers of fat can overheat the testicles. Besides jobs that require sitting for long hours may also cause the testicles to get overheated and reduce sperm count
- Frequent intercourse – If a man ejaculates as much as 2-3 times a day, he is likely to have low count of sperms. It is recommended that a man should wait at least 3 days between each ejaculation to improve fertility
- Substance abuse – Use of marijuana and cocaine, besides smoking and excessive alcohol intake can lead to low count of sperms
Increase sperm count – Things to follow
Listed below are some natural ways that will not only help increase count of sperms but will also improve the quality of sperms.
- Clothes – Since overheating of testicles is one of the major reasons of low sperm count, it is recommended that men wear roomy pants, boxers and loose fitting trousers to provide enough room for mobility. Men with low sperms count should also avoid saunas, hot baths and over exposure to sun
- Remove stress out of life – By de-stressing through relaxation and meditation, men can see a lot of improvement in their sex life and also the quality and quantity of their sperm
- Improve work style – Sitting all day can increase the testicular temperature and damage your sperms. A good idea would be to take regular breaks and walk for a few minutes
- Give up addictions – Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption to increase your count of sperms
- Eat a balanced nutritious diet – Taking low fat, protein rich diet and consuming more fruits and vegetables will improve your sperm quality
- Reduce weight – In case you are over weight, reduce weight through dieting and exercise. It will make you feel better, improve hormonal balance and increase your semen volume
- Consult a doctor – Take advice of your doctor on how you can increase your semen volume
Volume Pills to improve sperm count
Volume Pills is unique herbal formula that has the potential to increase the amount of ejaculation by up to 500%. The highly popular medication contains ancient Chinese herbs, minerals and vitamins. It is being increasingly recommended to men who seek to improve count of sperms, increase semen volume or who simply want to enhance sexual pleasure for themselves and their partner.
Since, Volume Pills help to increase the volume of ejaculation a man can also experience stronger and longer lasting orgasm. More doctors are recommending Volume Pills to their patients who want to improve sperm volume to help their wife conceive or to those who lack sex drive and want to improve sexual performance.